Old 19-06-2007, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

Default Grow pole beans without weeds?

richardg expounded:

Thanks for all your input. When I tried to pull the weeds I ended up
pulling out bean plants as well.

Use both hands. Hold the bean stem between two fingers against the
ground and pull the weed seedlings. It's a bit exacting, but the best
way to deal with the existing weeds.

I really wanted some way to prevent
them. I am going to look into an organic pre-emergent weed killer. I
was unaware that such a chemical existed.

Keep in mind corn gluten (which is what you're talking about) will
impede the emergence of *all* seeds, not just the weeds. It's also a
bit of a fertilizer, I forget how much nitrogen it contributes, but it
is measurable.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked