Old 20-06-2007, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default favorite plants

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:21:02 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:

Anybody have a favorite indoor/house plant? Mine was my cacti garden, until
wyatt (my 2yr old) and the cacti got into a tug a war. Got to find a new
house plant now................wyatt had some scrapes, but the cacti
completely lost.

My sixth-grade school teacher gave me a coleus cutting. Of course, I
don't have the original plant, but I do get new cuttings each year.
I'm now 53. I almost lost the plant last winter and had a plantlet
smaller than a pea (I have pics). Now I have 5 huge coleus plants
growing outdoors taken from the tiny plant. The game is to take new
cuttings must be taken before the first frost.

Another favorite is a cast iron plant which has bloomed. It seems to
thrive well on neglect.

I have a cactus collection too, about 50 different cacti. One
favorite was taken from the southern CA coast (Palos Verdes) 17 years
ago.