Old 19-06-2007, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default cat wee help needed

"Des Higgins" wrote ...
We have a male cat coming into our house (we have a small neutered
female
cat so she tries to ignore it but is not big enough to fight it) and
it is
****ing on everything. Last night it got a sofa. Does anyone know
how to
neutralise the stink? I know this is a gardening group but there are
a few
sane people here who know about cats. If anyone knows how I can
discourage
the cat that would also help but I fear there is not much that can be
done
apart from catching it. We already chased it with waterpistols etc.

Des, go to a good pet store and get yourself a product called "Simple
Solution". In your case you might want to get a large 4 litre bottle! Almost
magical stuff for the purpose you describe.
I put it into an old spray bottle and spray any area I want to
clean/neutralise, I let it soak in then rub with kitchen towel. Originally
bought because we had a very old male cat that sometimes missed his high
sided litter box, he died earlier this year, and a bulimic female cat, but I
soon realised it had a use as an excellent spot cleaner for our carpets.
Even worked on engine oil after I walked some all down the hall after an oil
change on the Landrover! :-(
Indeed the Landrover was from an old heavy smoking farmer, and smelt like
it, but a good clean and a dose of Simple Solution all round the inside
cured it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden