Old 20-06-2007, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
HomerS HomerS is offline

Default Tomato question

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:35:07 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote:

Here is a link to pictures of my tomato's. I was wondering if the brown
leafs are normal or if I am doing something wrong. Maybe they are the
determinate and starting to die?
http://kevinandrews.com/Tomato%20pics.htm

thanks

An important clue is that most of the damage occurs near the bottom
where there is more moisture and less circulation of air.

You can help by thinning out the foliage and letting your plants
breathe and air circulate.

And NEVER wet the ground under the plant. You want the soil under
the plant to be completely dry at all times. You can do this with a
good dry layered mulch. To water the plants, use a buried bottle
such as a milk jug with holes punched in the bottom.