Old 20-06-2007, 09:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wane Smooth Wane Smooth is offline

Default Ginger

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:34:31 GMT, Steve Newport wrote:

Anybody grow ginger in the UK?

If so, how?

I stuck a sprouting tuber in a rised bed and it just died!

Hi Steve,I had a go many years ago. Planted it in a large pot in the green
house in spring. It grew to about 2ft.X 2ft.and it looked like it would
make quite a nice house plant. Come late autumn it started looking a bit
sick,so I pulled it up to reveal my crop.
The root was about half the size of when it was first planted ;o(.

--
Regards From
Wane Smooth

Help feed the Hungry,goto