Old 20-06-2007, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Was that it?

On 20/6/07 10:16, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:54:28 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Is summer now behind us? ;-)
We have another rainy, blowy day and it's all getting very boring! The only
'good' thing is that the garden is growing beautifully and everything is
blooming like mad.

We had two weeks in UK and returned to find the garden overgrown and the
kitchen
flooded as the result of a storm blocking our drains.
An "expert" spent an afternoon pumping filthy water at high pressure into our
drains. Now not only do we still have a blocked drain, but we also have a
garden
that stinks of sewage.

Oh ugh! Those high pressure hoses can do enormous damage. The owner of my
previous house, which has culverts under the garden, told me that just such
an expert had used a high pressure hose to clear a blockage in the plastic
pipe that replaced the old stone culverts, and tore it to shreds, damaging
the pond liner and causing a serious leak in a pond full of carp!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk