Old 20-06-2007, 01:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
RichToyBox RichToyBox is offline

Default Question about irises

"earhtmother" wrote in message
oups.com...
So how do I go about this efficiently
and with relative ease. Pond is 15' x 21', sloping sides to
3.5'approx, 8200 US gal / 31200 L - Dug with EPGM Liner - ZONE 3
so a shop vac seems out of the question. Is there a "good & easy "
way or am I screwed.

Elaine

I fully agree with Jan on the use of a bottom drain, but before I had bottom
drains I made my own vac for the pond that you can see at
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage4.html. It works well. Just go
slow and easy, since the debris can be stirred up fairly easily and then
suspends for some time before returning to the bottom. The discharge of the
pump can be routed to a secondary filter of quilt batting or the like to
remove even more of the fines.