Old 30-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default Ladybugs for Mealie control

That's what I thot. I have them in my light table in my house probably
because there's standing water in the resivors under the plants. They're
hard to get rid of I've had them under control between Gnatrol and
carnivorous plants and yellow sticky cards but lately they've been getting
out of control so I thot I'd try a batch of ladies. I probably need to do
some repotting too. Oh and I grow phrags in saucers in there too. And I
was thinking to some in my greenhouse too...

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
news
Jerry,

Yeah, I think I saw that listed. They are softbodied. They would have to
sneak up on them and catch the gnat while it's sitting.

Gene

"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
t.net...
Will the ladies eat fungus gnats?

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Today I saw a local nursury had ladybugs for sale. I bought a bag of

1,800
and released them in the greenhouse. I'm gonna get that last mealie

bug
that crawling around in there and popping up every time I stop

looking!

Anyone else try Ladybugs for mealiebug control?

Gene