Old 20-06-2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Caterpillars on my Dill

Tim wrote:
I have four dill plants, all about 16" tall. Yesterday, I noticed for the
first time tiny (1/4" or so) black with a yellow band caterpillars on my
Dill.

Should I pick them off? How much damage will they do?

I wouldn't mind have more butterflys, but not at the expense of dill.

Tim

"The words of the songue should have three gatekeepers:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it necessary?"
-Arab proverb

They're probably black swallow tail butterfly caterpillars. If you want
to save your dill move them over to some parsley that is ready to bolt.

George