Old 20-06-2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

Default Caterpillars on my Dill

"Tim" expounded:

I have four dill plants, all about 16" tall. Yesterday, I noticed for the
first time tiny (1/4" or so) black with a yellow band caterpillars on my
Dill.

I get them every year. They're gorgeous!

Should I pick them off? How much damage will they do?

They'll eat them down to the nubs. They'll resprout leaves after the
caterpillars leave (which they will)

I wouldn't mind have more butterflys, but not at the expense of dill.

You need to grow more dill G Seriously, I've got it sprouting all
over the place (because I let it set seed), I just pull it from where
I don't want it. This way they get all the dill they want, and so do
I. I think I counted six out there yesterday.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked