Old 20-06-2007, 03:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
timothy timothy is offline

Default My White Dawn Rose looks horrible

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:23:45 -0500, FireBrick wrote:

I've always had great big long lasting blooms on my White Dawn Rose.
This year, the top leaves are brown/yellow, and the blooms seem to be
rotting before they open.
Good soil, careful watering, no bugs or creatures I can see.
Anybody have an idea what's happening?
Will I loose the bush?
Please and Thank you.

Good day Firebrick,
With out seeing a photo of the rose, it sounds very much like Botrytis.
Look here and see if it looks like your rose.

http://pep.wsu.edu/hortsense/scripts...c ategoryID=1

Good luck,
Timothy