Old 21-06-2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
jcomeau_ictx jcomeau_ictx is offline

Default coyotes disappearing?

On Jun 20, 2:04 pm, FragileWarrior
wrote:
Animals cycle. If you don't have many coyotes this year, you'll have a lot
of other animals, ie: rabbits, etc. Next year you will have a lot of
whatever feeds on the animals that didn't have enough natural predators
this year.

Understood. I'd like to get some idea what caused the downtrend this
year. There just aren't any other predators I know of which could take
the coyote's place in the local ecosystem, especially with regard to
rabbits. Until my crossbow skills improve, I'm afraid the jackrabbits
and cottontails are just going to proliferate until every green thing
is turned into pellets.