Old 30-03-2003, 08:44 PM
MLEBLANCA

Default Blushing old ladies and young maidens, with boxes of spring scattered about

In article , "madgarder"
writes:

a little bird I can't identify by his song that sounds like
"purdy purdy purdy purdy",

Maddie
Your "purdy bird" is probably a titmouse. Yours would be the
Tufted Titmouse. Ours is the Oak Titmouse. (The oak and the
juniper titmouse used to be one: the plain titmouse, then the powers
decided they were different enough to be separate species.)

The oak has a number of songs/calls in addition to the "Purdy purdy" one:
one is similar to a chickadee-only more like "sicka a dee",also kind of a
"tweety-bird" and a "tseet, tseet" raspy call.

They are one of my favorite yard birds. I have a pair who are thinking
about nesting here. They love safflower seed.

Enjoyed your spring post mucho.

Emilie