Old 21-06-2007, 05:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default favorite plants

Charlie wrote in message

Have a care with Gurney's. I've had some substandard results with them
years ago. They aren't the same outfit as they were decades ago. Many
of them aren't.

I've only ordered bareroot raspberries from them so far, but those were
great(they started leafing out as soon as they were potted inside(until the
weather was better, I put one outside as a test and when it did well, the
others went), sending up new canes, and already got some berries forming(we
got them this April and it was a coupon deal so we got them free, including
shipping). I'm not sure what to expect with a jasmine, and it is to be an
indoor plant, so I'm hopeful. If it is defective, well it's only $10, no
biggie, I got that for one of my lilacs this Sunday at my little farmer's
market type stand(we have an overabundance of lilacs/strawberries/wild
roses/hens and chicks here, so I'm potting quite a few each week to sell, in
addition to crafts). I can't wait til the yukon gold potatoes are done
growing so I can sell the excess as well(how would I tell if they're done
without pulling them up and disturbing them btw?), same for my garlic(I
planted like 10-15 cloves and they've all sprouted). Think one of my cayenne
peppers might have sprouted too, hope so...I won't use them myself
really('cept for an ointment for frostbite/chilblains and the like), so
they're all for market