Old 21-06-2007, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default OrchidWiz vs. eAOS

AQPlus is supposed to be released this month, we saw a beta version of it
earlier this month. I don't currently have any of the programs so I can't
really compare the new version to the old version. Ron McHatton (AOS
Director of Education & Regional somethingorother [he needs a shorter
title], former Atlanta O.S. member) gave us the demo, he is the one that is
doing the synonym tables for the AOS program and he is also the person that
reviews all of the descriptions for the new awards. The program will have
most of the award slides (40+k?) in the first release and should have all of
them soon. One interesting thing is that Ron is starting to go back and
clean up the names on some of the old awards. I think he has the Cycnoches
chlorochilon/warscewiczii/etc group corrected in this first release.
-danny

"Mike Pearson see .sig" wrote in message
news:1i014yg.1sq6zpkorq40mN% Here's another question: where the heck is
the info on eAOS hidden on
the AOS site? Can't find it anywhere.

You won't find eAOS anymore; as far as I can tell, it's been replaced by
AQPlus, V3.0:

http://www.aos.org/aos/HeleoCart/Pro...spx?sq=yi2Xzpy
FRRSCQoALEEU%2f9GYS6iwJxkrLW15wc7WAAsg%3d

(From that page..."Like its predecessor, e-AOS, this highly anticipated
program provides access to all of the the AOS Awards data from 1932 to
the present in Awards Quarterly format."

--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627