Old 21-06-2007, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Stewart Malcolm Stewart is offline

Default petrol strimmer

"p.mc" wrote in message

Hi All

Can anyone recomend a decent petrol strimmer "or" don't bother ones?
Maybe a few handy liks ebay or whatever :-))

We discussed this on uk.d-i-y a short time ago (around 11/6/07), so could be
worth a look. After much searching around and trying to stay clear of the
commercial types and prices, I bought the Sovereign Petrol Brush cutter from
Homebase a few weeks ago. (£100) It comes with a straight shaft, nylon
strimmer and blade heads, shoulder strap and cycle handles (which the pros
told me are easier to use). I use a 5ml syringe to help get the 1:40
oiletrol mixture.

I found that it needs a 4mm spacer (2 x 10mm metric 2mm thick washers) under
the blade securing nut to ensure that the blade doesn't become loose and off
centre, and a supply of small split pins, 1.6mm x 25mm (from TMC- The
Motorists Centre) to prevent said nut coming loose. (Halfords split pins
are slightly smaller, 1.5mm, and not really up to the job.)

Having sorted the safety aspects, it's great, starts easily, and has dealt
vigorously with excessive growth around the edges of my garden.

http://www.isc-gmbh.info/isc-gmbh/in...evel5=&level6=

Downloadable manual and brochure in English from the German website above.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK