Old 21-06-2007, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Klara Klara is offline

Default "The time has come", said maddie, "to talk of many things in Faerie Holler............"

In message , Sacha
writes
REALLY??? Well let me give you a short and sweet bit. You gotta make
at least a half gallon of tea. (64 ounces) with about an ounce of black
and orange peko tea in a bag. (I've done this with raspberry tea as
well)as opposed to 80 ounces.......the tea bags that we get in the US
are made specifically for iced tea, so you might need to double up.

snip

Thanks for this, Maddie. Next time (IF) we get a spell of hot weather,
I'm going to try that. I've tried iced coffee for the nursery staff
when it's been very hot but it's not a favourite! OTOH, they all love
their afternoon tea, so we'll try this and see how it goes down.

Somehow I doubt it, Sacha: iced coffee is still basically coffee; iced
lemon tea is nothing like a standard afternoon cuppa*. Lovely, though.
Have you tried them on Camp with water, ice, and milk? Our girls used to
love that, and I often make it when it's hot and I don't want to take
the time to make coffee....

(*note to Maddie: cuppa is English slang for a cup of tea, always with
milk....)

--
Klara, Gatwick basin