Old 21-06-2007, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default "The time has come", said maddie, "to talk of many things inFaerie Holler............"

Klara wrote:
In message , Sacha
writes
REALLY??? Well let me give you a short and sweet bit.

snip

Thanks for this, Maddie.

Somehow I doubt it, Sacha: iced coffee is still basically coffee; iced
lemon tea is nothing like a standard afternoon cuppa*. Lovely, though.
Have you tried them on Camp with water, ice, and milk? Our girls used to
love that, and I often make it when it's hot and I don't want to take
the time to make coffee....

(*note to Maddie: cuppa is English slang for a cup of tea, always with
milk....)

ahhhhh, so that is what me Englishman means when he speaks of a
cuppa..........and for you ladies across the pond, I've been taking my
morning glass mugs of hot, strong (two tea bags of Lipton, funds aren't
available to afford anything better, sadly)tea with a spoon of ground
turbanado sugar (raw sugar I put in the coffee grinder to make last
longer and dissolve quicker) and a slash of half and half. My glass mug
isn't quite an English pint (18 ounces as opposed to 20) but it starts
me day off well. I've taken up this habit since someone dear to me
suggested I try it when I was feeling a bit clogged and poorly. It
worked! But now, since I DO live in Eastern Tennessee where the
waitresses accents are thicker'n cold treakle on a February morning,
they look at me funny when I ask for a cup of hot tea AND sweet iced tea
with extra lemon...........hey, I never claimed to be quite normal!LOL
By the way, on a gardening note............my monarda in the front bed
comes in two colors this year, and once again I'm reminded why I love
and smile at them so. Silly looking little tough things. Ooops, the
kettle is singing, time for my morning cuppa! (seriously!) and a hot
toasted slice of raisin bread with a smear of cream cheese and a handful
of red seedless grapes to round it off.....then outside and tuck in some
more daylilies into pots since I can't decide where to put the treasures
I got a couple of weeks ago at Dancing Winds....thanks ladies for
chatting with me. If you could get to the binaries newsgroup you could
see the faces of the hemerocalis I got. They are awesome. Gonna cut
the foliage back and the stems too, and plant them into pots and have
them regenerate the rest of the summer. Just a little horticultural
notation there, ya know...........gbseg later ladies!
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
MOuntian in EAstern TEnnessee, zone 7, Sunset growing zone 36 where it's
HAZY.............and SOLSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!