Old 21-06-2007, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Sodium Chlorate - how long to work?

A.Lee wrote:
: I've just strimmed down some waste ground/overgrown edges for the
: owner of some local lock-ups garages, then I went over it with sodium
: chlorate weedkiller, to stop any new growth.
: He has paid me to do it [1], and I said I'd be back in 2 or 3 weeks to
: strim down any new growth, and re-apply some weedkiller to those
: spots.
:
: How long should i leave it to check for new growth - is 3 weeks
: enough? And, probably the same answer, when should I go back and
: re-apply?
:
: Thanks
: Alan.
:
: [1] I now realise why he agreed so quickly for me to do it for £55
: inc. weedkiller - I've spent 3 hours there already, need 1 more hour
: to clean up, as well as spending £12 on 3kg of Sod. Chlorate.

I should stop using weedkiller and get some elbowgrease instead