Old 21-06-2007, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default Sodium Chlorate - how long to work?

In message , A.Lee
writes
I've just strimmed down some waste ground/overgrown edges for the owner
of some local lock-ups garages, then I went over it with sodium chlorate
weedkiller, to stop any new growth.
He has paid me to do it [1], and I said I'd be back in 2 or 3 weeks to
strim down any new growth, and re-apply some weedkiller to those spots.

How long should i leave it to check for new growth - is 3 weeks enough?
And, probably the same answer, when should I go back and re-apply?

Thanks
Alan.

[1] I now realise why he agreed so quickly for me to do it for £55 inc.
weedkiller - I've spent 3 hours there already, need 1 more hour to clean
up, as well as spending £12 on 3kg of Sod. Chlorate.

I use it on our paved, hardstanding areas where there is no possibility
of damaging run off or leaching, each year and it usually totally
effective for at least 3 months following a single application, however,
there is not much in the way of really difficult weeds (bramble,
bindweed, horsetail etc) now left to deal with.

--
Robert