Old 22-06-2007, 03:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Peter Pan[_2_] Peter Pan[_2_] is offline

Default Getting rid of Crab Grass

Regardless of what you are growing, to get rid of it wont be too difficult.
It's a little late in the season to drop seed but what you can do is take a
sample of what is in your yard. The do a google search for LESCO and see
where your local dealer is. Take said sample to him and say " hey. I got
this, please help me get rid of it" or something to that effect. He will
then give you a bag of something to kill what you have. Then in the fall..
you will need to aerate your yard as well as seed and starter fertilizer. In
the spring, you will aerate and drop more seed.. Like I said it's a little
late in the season, seed germinates at temps between 60 - 80 F I like it a
little cooler myself..
ALSO: there is a difference between crab grass and other weeds that grow in
your lawn. Just because it's not grass, doesn't make it crab grass. There
are other nuisance weeds that grow such as clovers, chick weed ect. That's
why it's somewhat important to I.D. before you put any product down, you
want to enssure that what you buying will rid your yard of what you have.
First things first: post a pic of your problem to help I.D. it

"Steveo" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
snip
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the crab grass please?

Hello Jim

Can you post a pic of it? (not to this NG) but to a free server like
tinypic.com

Are you sure it's crabgrass?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/