Old 22-06-2007, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default privacy screening

On 21/6/07 22:56, in article , "p.k."
wrote:

Lardman wrote:

He's well aware of this - I've spoken to him about it before and also
exchanged letters over it. But as he rightly said to his wife "Its
cut now what are they going to do about it". He has no interest in
compromise or neighbourly relations this is just the lastest problem
we've had with them.

Clearly there is no love to be lost, he has trespassed and damaged your
property, speak to your lawyer tomorrow! At the very least you can scare 3
shades of **** out of him!

pk

He sounds an absolute nightmare neighbour and this has obviously distressed
you very much - and not at all surprisingly. The telescope business is
simply dreadful and he sounds not the full shilling!
If you've tried every other avenue, I agree that a lawyer is your only
course of action now. He has destroyed/damaged your property without
permission and I think you should look quite seriously at suing him. At the
very least, a lawyer's letter threatening such action in future might make
him sit up a bit but it is of course, an expensive solution. Is there a
possibility you could get other neighbours he's affected to join you in
this? I suggest this because in the last village I lived in, there was just
such a woman - quite bonkers really - who annoyed all around her so much by
deliberately blocking drains etc., that they all clubbed together and got a
court injunction against her.
As to the plants damaged, he gets the naked and ugly side of the leylandii,
so that is genuinely cutting off his nose to spite his face. With the
Philadelphus, I think the only answer is to wait and see but I think there's
definitely hope there.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk