Old 22-06-2007, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Oxymel of Squill Oxymel of Squill is offline

Default Blueberry pond?

My little waterlily pond has a leak and I've given up trying to fix it. Bob
Flowerdew on the radio suggested filling in a pond with ericaceous compost
and planting blueberries, which like boggy soil.
Ericaceous compost from the garden centre is going to cost me a fortune. I
thought of filling in with builders' rubble to about a foot below ground
level, but presumably there's lots of lime in rubble.

Has anyone done this job? Have any suggestions?

thanks

Jon