Old 22-06-2007, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default New Wisley glass house

"Pam Moore" wrote...
I visited Wisley on Saturday and was lucky to go in the newly opened
glasshouse. It will take a few years to develop, along with the
surrounding gardens, but it is a pretty magnificent building.
I think, given the choice though, I would choose a day at Eden rather
than Wisley's more conventional plantings.
It's sad though that the old glasshouses are to be demolished.

We went round it while it was being built but not since, it usually takes a
while for such greenhouses to get established etc and feel lived in. Eden is
OK but I'm not that much of a fan, seems designed for non
gardeners/plantspeople, and too commercial IMO, prefer Heligan.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden