Old 22-06-2007, 06:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Green Pond

In article . com,
wrote:

My backyard pond is failry new (this spring) and the water is always
green. I've tried the chemicals, cleaned the filter and added lillies
and other vegetation to block out the sun. Nothing works! The water is
green as ever, any suggestions?

Aerate until nutrients are used up. Algal growth will stop. This may
take a while though, depending on size of pond size of pump (air or
water). Don't suppose the pond has a fountain?
--
Billy