Old 22-06-2007, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default petrol strimmers/brushcutters

"Smee" wrote ...
Hello can anyone recommend a petrol strimmer or brushcutter that is
easy to start and strong enough to cope with a wild garden of hip high
weeds (we are talking groundelder here) and lots of bramble and
undergrowth. Need to keep cut back for kids. I am a not particluarly
strong woman but have managed a petrol strimmer with a harness
comfortably enough in the past. Starting is my main problem.

Also what is the difference between a strimmer and a brushcutter? Was
thinking about a Honda? Any thoughts?

I like my little Husqvarna, most professionals use Stihl at work, but a
friend who is a professional gardener and into machinery bought himself a
Honda for his own use, easy starting, very well built and quiet because it's
a 4 stroke engine not a noisy 2 stroke like all the rest.
If you go to a proper Garden Machinery shop they will talk you through it
all and allow you to swing them about and try them for weight etc. Also you
may like to think about one where you can change heads from strimmer line to
brush cutter as it sounds like that is what you need now. :-(

--
Regards
Bob Hobden