Old 22-06-2007, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Sodium Chlorate - how long to work?

The message .com
from " contains
these words:

On Jun 22, 12:05 pm, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

Someone on this group once suggested you can get rid of it by mixing some
glyphosate and putting a small amount into a plastic bag, then putting the
bag over the horsetail - bruising it a bit through the bag. Leave
the bag in
place for a few weeks to allow the poison to get down to the roots.

That was me David and it really does work, it's time consuming but
believe me every bit that is killed right down to the roots does not
come back.

Judith

Thanks; David and Judith - there is LOTS of it and it keeps appearing in
ever more places! It is not helped by my neighbour not doing _anything
about the forest of it growing uner her front window

Sorry to be an idiot, where do I get the glyphosate and does it have a
trade name?

TIA
Beryl