Old 22-06-2007, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Serena Blanchflower Serena Blanchflower is offline

Default cheating tips wanted :-)

* Kate Morgan wrote, On 22/06/2007 14:35:
We are having a garden party on July 1, because of the weather nearly
all my roses have been battered and ruined also troughs full of
petunias, the shrubs and fuchsias still all look good. Anyone with any
tips to make up for the lack of roses and to give the garden the WOW
factor, many picky peeps will be here to look and no doubt comment. How
brave people open their gardens open their gardens to the public I will
never know :-)

When I got married, many years ago but at this time of year, the
reception was in my parents' garden. My mother brightened up a couple
of relatively empty patches with bedding plants, planted in their pots
a couple of days before the wedding to reduce the risk of shocking them.

--
Cheers, Serena
I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control