Old 22-06-2007, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Tomatoes

On 22/6/07 19:42, in article
, "Sam"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
We got 2.5lbs of tomatoes yesterday from the greenhouse plants! The outdoor
ones are just starting to ripen.

Congratulations and bon appetit !
Is it a heated green house ? and what variety of tomato?
I've got 3 Shirley and 3 Brandywine in my unheated house
which are showing flower (some may have set) but it will
still take a few weeks before picking.
Organic border,fish,blood,& bone for starters,
seaweed extract feed thereafter..
Sam

Yes, to the unheated bit but this being a nursery, it's big, so it gets lots
of light and whatever sun there is. And the plants are fed regularly
because there is feed in the watering system for all plants, via the
diluter. We're growing Jersey Sunrise, a heritage variety with a wonderful
flavour and the original Jersey tom.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk