Old 23-06-2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_4_] cloud dreamer[_4_] is offline

Default ants in parsley

thistletoes wrote:
Anyone know why ants would camp out in the upper branches of my
parsely. They try to attack me when I go out to harvest the leaves.
These ants are a bit over 1/8"-4mm approx- long, half red/half black
and real mean.
Deb

Check for aphids under the leaves. I've never grown parsley, but it
seems wherever there are ants, there are aphids. The buggers farm the
aphids...feeding off the aphid's "juice" and even taking them home for
the winter so that they can stay warm and cozy until the next crop.

..

--

We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.