Old 22-06-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Sodium Chlorate - how long to work?

The message
from (A.Lee) contains these words:

Beryl Harwood wrote:

snip info about selective killing of weeds...

Sorry to be an idiot, where do I get the glyphosate and does it have a
trade name?

Tumbleweed is a common brand name glypho weedkiller, I'm sure there must
be others that use Glypho as their main ingredient as well.
Any garden shop/centre/hardware shop should have it in.

Thanks Alan

I bought some lethal sort of stuff a couple of years ago which you were
supposed to spray on but I only used it once, I will check if it
contains Glypho, it's quite possible I guess. It seemed to help a bit
on the areas well away from the grass and plants, but i am reluctant to
use very potant chemicals if they can be avoided. The idea of rubbing
them onto the plants so that others are not affected is a good one, so I
will try it when I get a chance.

Beryl