Old 30-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Tom C

Default Advice on Sears lawn tractor

I have two sears mowers one a 79 model garden tractor .The old gold and
white one.I also have a 99 model 42 inch cut rider that's got a kolher
engine.I have always been rough on my tractors.I get to feeling like Iam
riding a big one when I get on them hahahah A little humor there no
charge.If you take care of them sears makes a good rider for the money and
1200 not bad. I paid 1200 for my 42 inch rider and its a kolher engine which
I think is a better engine. With that said if you are looking for a really
good one try the cub cadet or John deer rider or snapper or troy built all
of which in my book are better tractors, but you get what you pay for .I
bought mine and Iam happy with them for the money I paid both run well and I
have had to work on them very little.Every man needs to know how to tinker
with something .Hope this helped you Best regards Tom C.

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
news148D4634AFD1131.1C405BC047F74C8A.E6A676BD58F ...

I've had no problems with mine, and I beat on it...

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 04:13:11 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

I am about to purchase a brand new Sears lawn tractor, Craftsman 20HP

with a
42" mower deck for $1200.00 (US) It is a Briggs and Stratton twin

cylinder
overhead valve engine. I have just less then 1 acre of land, I know this

is
much more then I need but sounds like a great deal.

Just wondering if anyone may have good or bad experience with Sears

tractors
or the same engine. It is a 6 speed transmission. Sears is having a
special for $1200.00.

Any feedback on this tractor or even any other Sears Lawn tractors would

be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike