Old 30-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Jane

Default RAISED VEGETABLE GARDEN BEDS

Hello,

I was thinking of putting in raised vegetable garden beds this year. I
wasn't sure what to use for the sides but am leaning towards the large white
cement blocks since they are permanent. The problem is that these are quite
wide (not sure exactly how wide) but this would make the recommend bed (4' x
4') that much wider. I was thinking of doing something longer in any
event - say 20 feet or more. For those with experience, does this seem a
good idea? Should I go to a 3' wide bed so it is easily reachable from
both sides? Would you go with the longer beds? Is there any drawback to
doing that? Any other suggestions for the material to use? Thanks for your
input.