Old 23-06-2007, 11:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wane Smooth Wane Smooth is offline

Default ants in parsley

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 23:45:44 -0000, thistletoes wrote:

Anyone know why ants would camp out in the upper branches of my
parsely. They try to attack me when I go out to harvest the leaves.
These ants are a bit over 1/8"-4mm approx- long, half red/half black
and real mean.
Deb

Hi Deb,as the others have said they are probably farming aphids.
This is bad. The good bit is the ants are also protecting the plants
against any other insects that may damage "their" farm.
A double edged sword.
So if you don't mind the job of hosing off the aphids every now and again
its best to not poison the ants.
--
Regards From
Wane Smooth