Old 23-06-2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default Green Pond

In article . com,
beecrofter wrote:

On Jun 22, 11:09 am, wrote:
My backyard pond is failry new (this spring) and the water is always
green. I've tried the chemicals, cleaned the filter and added lillies
and other vegetation to block out the sun. Nothing works! The water is
green as ever, any suggestions?

You need some floating plants that you can remove as they multiply,
water lettuce, water hyacinth, duckweed , etc. Just try to pick one
that isn't an invasive in your area. Let them use the nutrients and
then remove them to your compost .

Sound advice!

We just added water lettuce and water hyacinth. Plants a crucial item
.. Filters those things we can't see. Just replaced my filter which is
physical, charcoal and maybe bacterial an hour ago.

Bill a small concrete pond guy.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade