Old 30-03-2003, 10:56 PM
it's me

Default Deer fence

kayk wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to keep the deer out of my garden? I live in a rural
area. The field behind my property used to be planted with oats, which kept
them busy, but now it lies idle, and my garden seems to be in the middle of
a deer run. I have put up the deer fence netting material, which worked
fairly well in the beginning of the season, but which they plowed right
through by the end of the season.I'm losing my love for "Bambi". Help! Kay

Sound like a real problem. From what I've read, the ONLY way to keep
deeries out of your garden is to MORE persisent then they are.

Rebuild the fence
lay chicken wire flat on ground on enemy side of fence, hear tell deer
don't like to step on it
Dog hair
Human urine
Coyote urine
chemicals
Hanging/spinning CDs back to back

replant field

obstacles in depth and rotate/move them to add to confusion and so's
they don't get used to them

Kevin