Old 23-06-2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Kingdon Jim Kingdon is offline

Default rototilling rocky soil

The soil my yard sits on it extremely rocky. It's very nice soil,
all glacial till and stream bed composition, but more rocks than I
care to count.

Consider digging all of it up (well, one bed or small area at a time
presumably) and putting it through a screen. These screens are
usually homemade from a wood frame and hardware cloth, and look
something like this:
http://archaeology.about.com/od/fiel...ker-Screen.htm

If you really want to get industrial, there are fancier versions of
this with vibrating screens and such, but I've only done the
hand/shovel version.