Old 24-06-2007, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses
Eves Daughter 07 Eves Daughter 07 is offline

Default does anyone know what type rose this is?

On Jun 24, 12:56 am, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:
Got a mini rose from wal-mart (yes, wal-mart of all places!). There's no ID
with it. I don't know the name or anything other than mini rose and the
price sticker said Van Wingerden Int. Tried to find the rose and the
company online, but no luck. Of course the people at walmart don't have a
clue. Does anyone know what type it is? I would like to know the name and
the characteristics of the plant itself. I know from my other roses that
different type roses prefer different lighting, amounts of water, etc.

It's a mini rose, has pink blossoms with white stripes. At first bloom, the
pink is like a hot pink color, as the bloom ages, it becomes a lighter color
pink. I've found varieties online that were similiar, but the colors were
red and burgendy, not pink, so not sure if it the same with a different
color variation.

Should be able to copy and paste the links to your browser or to just click.
If it doesn't work, let me know and I will try something else.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

Hope they work!......................

Thanks,
Rachael

begin 666 spacer.gif
`
end

I don't kow for certain what your rose is - but there's a full size
rose called Candy Cane that is similarly coloured and shaped. Hope
that gets you a bit closer.
Cheers,