Old 24-06-2007, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Tomatoes

On 23/6/07 22:15, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:47:09 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

[re Jersey Sunrise seeds]
snippety snip

I can't help you there, Kate as I haven't done it. I'm sure someone will
know. However, I'd be happy to send you a few Jersey Sunrise (Sally, too!)
but it won't be until the end of this season, of course.

Ooh yes, please Sacha. I would love a few. Somewhere in the archives
someone once wrote about saving their own tomato seeds. How do you do it,
for the future? (Otherwise I'll do a search.)

It's very high tech, Sally. ;-) Towards the end of the fruiting period I
open up a few toms and I scoop the seed onto some kitchen towel. Once
they've dried out, I try to scrape them off the kitchen towel and into e.g.
wage envelopes! If they won't scrape off, the lucky recipient gets the
paper towel, too and it dissolves in the damp compost!

I will email you my address.

Thank you.

--
Sacha