Old 23-06-2007, 09:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Carole \(UK\) Carole \(UK\) is offline

Default My fish are dying - please help

Well...I have stocked this pond 3 times with fish and lost every one of them
to the Heron...the little (big!!) devil sits on top of my greenhouse and
swoops down for a huge meal...so, I'm afraid stocking it with fish is not an
option :-((((

That's why I created another smaller pond for fish right next to the
house...no heron visitations for many years, but this year he/she
came.....now the top pond is netted

It seems from the info available that the only death blow to duckweed is a
very severe cold snap, but with global warming we just don't get it any
more....aaah well......guess there are more important things in life (wonder
how many people have starved to death while we've been having this
discussion about our ponds.......)

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"Carole (UK)" wrote:

The only unfortunate thing is that most of the year it's a complete sea
of
green - 100% DUCKWEED !!!!! Any tips to get rid of that will make me a
friend for life. :-))))

Put in some Koi, they will eat it all up!

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.