Old 24-06-2007, 04:02 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default My fish are dying - please help !

"Carole" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a mature pond about 8 years old, 800 gallons, about 50 goldfish
ranging from tiny tiddlers to about 5" long, plus one really big ghost koi
about 18" long......... brevity snips

===============================
It's my opinion you have way too many fish in your 800g pond. You're
stocked like a dealer. Goldfish and koi are both big eaters and pass a lot
of feces - unless you cruelly starve them. Mine are fed twice a day and are
indeed frisky as healthy fish should be. Then you have a large koi also! I
hope you're doing at least bi-weekly good size partial water changes on your
small pond, using dechlorinating product.

As Roy said, it's not good to medicate if you have no idea what you're
medicating them for. It just adds more pollution to the water than the fish
already do.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.