Old 24-06-2007, 05:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default hOW BIG OF PUMP

In article ,
Kurt wrote:

In article ,
"George" wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the help, will go to 1-1/2" dia. tubing. I have a diverter vlv
in there too that splits it up to two filters....

For this size pump, 1.5" should be fine.

George

"George" wrote in message

"Gordon" wrote in message
I would not go less than 1.5" and preferably 2"
Cheers

Gordon

"George" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1200gph mag drive pump. My pond will be approx 1100gals, is
this enough pump? what size tubing i should use.

It should be enough. I would make the tubing at least one inch in
diameter to maximize the flow and reduce backpressure.

George

My recommendation was a minimum diameter.

George

I've often wondered about all this. My 1200 GPH MagDrive pump has
basicallly a 1/2 or so stock nozzle (if I remember) I've got it stepped
up to 1" tubing to the filter. The pump was designed for 1/2 tubing.
Aren't they all at this size?

Actually, the output nozzle is more like 3/8.