Old 24-06-2007, 04:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Tomato question

In article t,
"Dave" wrote:

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message

"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news
Here is a link to pictures of my tomato's. I was wondering if the brown
leafs are normal or if I am doing something wrong.

I agree with HomerS. I get some of this every year.
If it were my garden, I wouldn't be concerned right now.

That's my experience too. Usually I scratch my head, wonder what is
going on, maybe water a bit (if I haven't been), and basically ignore
it.

Can't promise that always works, or even is the best approach, but it
has worked for me.

It seems to be getting worse.

If drying out and thinning doesn't cure it, may be something else. Too soon
to say so far. There are 2 common afflictions to tomatoes that start by
producing the symptoms of dead leaves starting at the bottom of the plant.
The worst is s virus that's actually in the soil. No cure. Plant something
else. Or leave unplanted for a few years. No, not kidding.
Dave

Virus or some thing else like verticillium or fusarium wilt ?
--
Billy