Old 24-06-2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Where are my strawberries?

In article ,
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:42:07 -0700, Billy Rose wrote:

In article ,
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:06:54 -0400, Kimberly wrote:

Any flowers?

"Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz" wrote in
message news strawberry plants, eight that I planted last year and four | that I
planted this year. The plants all look healthy but they haven't |
produced a single berry. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing
wrong? | | I'm in Massachusetts.

There were flowers a few weeks ago but not now.

What kind of fertilizer?

Some Miracle Grow and some 10 10 10

Could be your problem. It appears that strawberry bed are normally
fertilized at the beginning of the growing year and then again at the
end. Once you see flowers, you don't want to give them more nitrogen.
Nitrogen encourages vegetative growth. Hopefully you can wait out the
nitrogen, if that is the problem.
--
Billy