Old 24-06-2007, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Daisyless Livingstone daisies

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:48:57 +0100, K wrote:

Andy Spragg writes
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:46:26 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

"Andy Spragg" wrote ...
I planted a bed of Livingstone daisies a couple of months ago, having dug
and enriched the soil. The plants have grown really well - I've never seen
such healthy-looking mesembryanthemums - only fly in the ointment is not
one of them has yet produced a single flower. Any ideas what's going on
here?

I think that the answer here may be the fact that you have made the
soil too rich. Too much richness in the soil gives lots of leaf
growth and fewer flowers. What ever you do, don't feed them any more.

Pam in Bristol