Old 25-06-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default HELP - leaf/plant disease!

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:21:52 -0400, Bob Petruska
This is the second year that it looks like my vegetable and flower garden
are doomed. I thought it was only the luck of last year when I had crop
failure and not to happen this year but I was wrong.

Offhand, looks to me like the parsley might have salt damage and the
marigolds spider mite damage, but that's just a wild guess based on common
things that look like this. There are a lot of "clues" that just
don't show up in a photo.

You need to get some of the affected plants to someone who can really
examine them... plant disease clinic, extension service, master gardeners,
good nursery(wo)man.

What's the weather been like the last two years? How much water and fertilizer
do you apply a week? How many hours of sun a day on these crops?

Your very best bet for good answers is probably he
http://www.ppath.cas.psu.edu/Plant_Disease_Clinic.htm
Pay special attention to filling out the forms as well as you can and
selecting good samples.

Kay