Old 30-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Cindy Donnell

Default Big old ivy patch, physical removal methods requested

excellent description of methods and procedure snipped

I had success with an ivy removal method much like Robert's. However,
I've found through trial and error that mowing it first makes its
removal easier.

I had a patch about 100 sq.'. I mowed it first. This made it easier
to see the vines. I then went at it with a mattock and cut sections
much like Robert. I rolled the mat of vines and roots into big rolls
and put them out for the city trash folks. Removing the leaves by
mowing decreased the volume and made the rolled mats of vines easier
for me to handle.

No ivy has regrown in that area.

good luck.
Cindy Donnell