Old 25-06-2007, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lar Lar is offline

Default ants in parsley

Dave wrote:

The 2nd photo is what I'm used to seeing but larger.
http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/entomolog...7/444-287.html

Probably, I'm incorrect as these prefer trees/wood vs. land environment.
Can be as bad a carpenter ants in voiding trees interior and eating your
house. The former, I've seen in many a stressed live oak.
Dave

Neither carpenter ants or acrobat ants "eat" a house. In homes that have
"foam" based insulation, the acrobats can make more of a mess when the
excavate into the foam. When both CA and acrobats are in a tree they are
in already rotted wood that they are cleaning out the diseased/rotted
wood, actually a benefit to the tree.

Lar