Old 25-06-2007, 04:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
T r a v i s T r a v i s is offline

Default "The time has come", said maddie, "to talk of many things in Faerie Holler............"

"madgardener" wrote in message
I have cataracts in both eyes, diagnosed only two weeks ago but during
the stressful weeks prior, was at angst to wonder why my right vision
was so horrible and so quick to deteriorate, and then the left one
shortly afterwards. The diagnosis came at the pinnacle of personal
turmoil and wonders still unfolding and unfurling,and it all combined
to overwhelm me, and in the midst of all THAT, we were locked in a
drought that has still left us staggering with deficiencies of
moisture in the minus 9 inch marks......

Before I hear the tender love from those who have suffered and cured
this malady, friends who commiserate and still love me and are
concerned, those who miss me and just want confirmations that I AM
alright... let me assure you that squire has insurance that will snip
these buggers out and leave me only needing prescription reading
glasses of corrective natures with transitional lenses to protect my
orbs from the sun's damage. June 25th, the worst culprit, the right
cataract, comes out and I will be pressed to sit and listen...... and
not lift more than a fart and not bend from my waist and heal and hope
I'm not the one in one hundred who go blind or hemorrhage or suffer
detached retina's but do just fine, which I am not worried in the
least. You get what you're dealt. I got the luck of the draw with
luckily having the kind of buggers that grow extremely fast. In two
weeks, I can't barely see to drive at night, so I don't, the glare of
sunlight causes me to not be able to identify wild flowers, and I have
two trolls sitting on my eyeballs causing me distractions that I don't
want or need right now
with all the other drama's in my sordid and blessed life at the
moment.

July 10th the left eye gets taken care of and after that, a new
appreciation for things that I never took for granted in the first
place
but will possibly be insufferable once I do heal and share with you
all......and then I will be seeking employment again, and have less
time
to appreciate the ongoing wonders of Faerie Holler, but I will find
the
time and there will be more things yet to come......

I had the cataract removed from my right eye on February 28th and the
left eye on March 6th. The eye doctor put in corrective lenses and now
I only need glasses to read. I was off work 3 weeks after the second
eye was done and everything has gone well since. I was wide awake
during both procedures, that was very weird but painless. I'm sure your
experience will be similar. Take it easy.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington