Old 25-06-2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Question About European Linden Trees

Also

While the Linden is young , you could start a pollard. Pollarding to
control tree size is an ancient art form. It is not topping where targets
are ignored.
Linden lends itself to pollarding.
If I had room, which I might, I would place a pollard on my property.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...ing/index.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Dwight" wrote in message
k.net...
We were just in Austria and enjoyed the manuy fragrant linden blossoms in
early June.

Is this your basic "European Linden" so called?

We are interested in planting one in Seattle. Would it be a good fit?

Any special cautions about soils?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dwight Gibb